· Selection rounds to be held in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata & Chennai
· Riders to compete on race-spec TVS Apache RTR 200 and RR 200 motorcyclesCommitted to nurture talent amongst motorsports enthusiasts, TVS Racing backed by a four-decade strong racing pedigree, returns with the 2024 PETRONAS TVS One Make Championship training & selection. The selection rounds will take place between January, February and May 2024, across four key cities. Aspiring women and rookie riders can apply for this and basis their performance get a chance to compete the One Make Championship.
TVS Racing has trained over 700+ aspiring women racers in the country since 2016, and is now gearing up to conduct training and selection rounds, for the eight edition of the women’s category and third edition of the Rookie category, dedicated to fostering talent amongst enthusiasts under 18 years. Having trained over 50+ rookie racers in the country since 2022, the upcoming training session aims to provide the ultimate platform for young racers and aspirants to ignite their passion for motorcycle racing.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Vimal Sumbly, Head Business – Premium at TVS Motor Company said, “TVS Racing since 1982 has been a pioneer in growing the motorsports culture in India. With our One Make Championship we have created a dynamic platform for racing enthusiasts across gender and age groups to starting their motorsport career. With our core philosophy ‘the chequered flag doesn’t differentiate’ we became the first to start a women’s championship in 2016. Our rookie championship is a first step in the ladder to becoming a TVS Racing factory racer. We have created a holistic programme that includes full support and track training that is widely appreciated by the motorsport community.”
Key Highlights of the selection rounds :
· All the rounds will encompass full day training sessions conducted by national champions from the PETRONAS TVS Racing
· The training schedule will help the participants to enhance their skill & familiarise themselves with the racing motorcycles & track
· The racers will get an opportunity to compete on race-spec TVS Apache RTR 200 and RR 200 motorcycles.
· The trainings will help the shortlisted racers focus on improving their physical fitness and hone their skill before the 2024 Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship (INMRC)
· The participants will also get a full set of racing gears – suit, gloves and boots (Basis availability)
January 27, 2024
Raymond Race Track, Mumbai– Mumbai
February 4, 2024
Kartomania, Go-Karting, Entertainland Mall, Gurugram – New Delhi
February 11, 2024
ECO Park – Kolkata
Women’s & Rookie
May 11 & 12, 2024
MIC – Chennai (Finals)
Selection criteria –
Women’s category: A valid two-wheeler driving license is mandatory; all participants should be above the age of 18 years (Age 15-18 are required to present Level-1 FMSCI certified training received from any racing training school)
Rookie category: Participants should be aged above 15 years & below 18 years (born on or after January 2009), with Level-1 certified from training academy approved by FMSCI.
For registration, call (+91 9632253833)