- Sri Lanka's Jacques Gunawardena clinched the highest bid of the auction, setting a record for Season One.
- Ikshan Shanbhag, Shlok Ghorpade and Rugved Barguje emerged as the Indian riders with the highest bids during the auction.
- Thomas Ramette secured the highest bid in the power-packed 450 cc international category.
- Young talent Bhairav C Gowda grabbed attention with the highest bid in the 85 cc junior class.
- ISRL also witnessed participation from Women riders Aleena Mansur Shaikh and Nithila Das as both get picked up by teams.World's first-ever franchise-based Supercross league, the CEAT ISRL, successfully conducted its Mega Rider Auction for Season One at the prestigious JW Marriott in Pune yesterday, marking a significant milestone in ISRL’s journey. The CEAT Indian Supercross Racing League witnessed a total of 104 riders, including 73 international racers and 31 Indian riders. Each team was allowed up to 2 riders per category, with a maximum of 48 slots available. The cumulative auction kitty for Season One reached a monumental INR 6 Cr, underscoring the league's commitment to excellence.
In a riveting auction that unfolded among the six teams, the fiercely competitive 85 cc junior class ignited excitement as Bhairav C Gowda's standout performance earned him the highest bid, underlining his potential as a rising star. The power-packed 450 cc international category witnessed Thomas Ramette securing the highest bid. Meanwhile, breaking barriers in the sport, Aleena Mansur Shaikh and Nithila Das from the 85cc junior class emerged as two female riders called up by teams, emphasizing the growing influence of women in this high-octane world of Supercross. Remarkable stories continued to unfold with Ikshan Shanbhag and Shlok Ghorpade securing the highest bids for Indian riders during the auction. Adding to the intrigue, Sri Lanka's Nathan Alexander Gunawardena secured the highest bid of the auction which comes from the 250cc India-Asia Mix category, setting a record for Season One. The auction was marked by enthusiasm among bidders eager to secure Indian talent, adding a dynamic element to the competition.
Mr. Veer Patel, Director & Co-Founder of the CEAT ISRL, expressed his excitement about the auction's success: "The rider auction symbolizes more than just the acquisition of talent; it's a poignant moment in the evolution of motorsport. It's a testament to the spirit of competition, commitment to transparency and fairness, the pursuit of excellence, and the unity of a community driven by the love for off-road racing. This electrifying start sets the stage for an inaugural season that will not only redefine Supercross but also leave an indelible mark on the global motorsport landscape."
Among the roster of esteemed riders, the league proudly presents some of the most decorated names in Supercross. Notably, Matt Moss, a 9-time Australian MX and SX Champion; 4X Italian Supercross Champion Lorenzo Camporese ; 4X South Africa Champion Anthony Raynard; 2X European/French vice champion Thomas Ramette; Germany’s MXGP Racer Nico Koch; 3X India National champion Rugved Barguje, 2X Indonesia champion Ananda Rigi Aditya.
As the countdown to Season One begins, the CEAT ISRL is set to host an impressive line-up of international champions and rising Indian stars across four exhilarating categories, featuring the 450cc international riders, 250cc international riders, 250cc India-Asia mix, and the super competitive 85cc junior class
CEAT ISRL races are set to captivate audiences across three vibrant cities, promising a blend of fanfare, glamour, and high-octane racing excitement. These events will transcend the traditional racing experience, transforming into star-studded nights filled with top-notch entertainment and electrifying music. The league's commitment to creating an immersive and unforgettable atmosphere ensures that each race becomes a celebration of both motorsport excellence and a lively entertainment spectacle.
CLICK HERE to check the complete list of riders sold to the six teams at the CEAT ISRL season one auction.
For more information on the CEAT ISRL Season One Rider Auction and updates on team selections, please visit the official website at